Fall Reset: Come into yourself
With Anna Winkler, Bob Blanton, Madalina Blanton, Kati Walker and John Henderson
September 30 - October 2, 2022
A DHARMAKAYA CENTER RETREAT
Fall is often a time of new beginnings. Reset as you reconnect with nature, the present moment, and your inner being. Six teachers guide you through a range of powerful practices—including shamata, yoga, walking meditation, guided compassion meditation, personal outdoor meditation, reiki, qi gong, and singing bowls. You will find yourself refreshed, recharged, and ready for all the world brings.
“The variety of teachings was awesome. It made me feel healthier!”
BRING A FRIEND DISCOUNT: Do you know someone who would like this program, but hasn’t been to the Center? Bring them, and you both get a 10% discount on your entire program package. For the discount to apply, there must be two reservations, at least one of whom has not taken a Dharmakaya Center class previously. At checkout, apply the Discount Code: BringAFriend.
STAY SAFE DURING COVID-19: We are committed to your health and safety. Please read our COVID-19 Precautions & Preparations to understand our strategies, including limited class size to facilitate social distancing and ample teacher attention.
During this restorative weekend you will engage in six distinctive, accessible meditation and yoga practices and their philosophical underpinnings. These practices each help build the resilience, openness and stability with which to move through daily life. The weekend includes teachings, discussion and practice, allowing us to explore how each form of meditation is helpful and how they complement each other.
- Stillness Meditation: Linked to serenity, stillness meditation is designed to quiet an active mind by focusing on the breath, concentrating on a single topic, or practicing a centering meditation that helps release painful emotions and negative thought patterns.
- Walking Meditation: In essence, walking meditation is an examination of time; we will use it to help root our awareness in the present moment.
- Qigong: Using Hunyuan Qigong as a starting point, we will explore the use of mind-intent in the development, nurturing, gathering, moving and storing of Qi. We will also practice Zhanzhuang Gong, still standing meditation.
- Reiki: Exploring meditative practices from the tradition of the Reiki System of Natural Healing, we will do a series of centering practices and breathing exercises to increase energy awareness and energy flow.
- Tibetan Singing Bowls: Sound and vibration with Singing Bowls can be used to achieve deep relaxation, reduce stress and create a healthy flow of energy through the physical and etheric body.
- Yoga: We will practice mindful movement, coordinated with the breath, followed by guided relaxation, in order to achieve a deeper understanding of the interconnectedness of body and mind, and enjoy a deep sense of well-being.
Together these practices provide a strong mind-body foundation to help transform daily living.
When not in class, relax in the Center’s beautiful, tranquil environment. Enjoy the view from the patio or a nearby hike, curl up with a book in the library or contemplate the stars while sitting by the fire pit.
- Intimate setting with personal access to the teacher
- Interactive sessions with question and answer periods
- Shamatha and guided meditations
- Delicious all-vegetarian meals with locally sourced ingredients
- Option to extend stay on Personal Retreat
- Extensive library of dharma books
- Expansive wooded grounds with beautiful flora and fauna
OPEN TO ALL
There are no prerequisites for this program. It is appropriate for meditators at all levels and the mindful movement can be completed at your own skill level.
(subject to change)
Friday, September 30
|3:00 PM||Check in begins|
|7:00-9:00 PM||Welcome and Introduction|
|Gentle Guided Yoga|
Saturday, October 1
|7:00-8:00 AM||Morning Yoga|
|10:15-11:00 AM||Free time|
|11:00 AM-12:00 PM||QiGong|
|1:00-2:30 PM||Free time|
|3:30-4:00 PM||Free time|
|8:00-9:15 PM||Tibetan Singing Bowls|
Sunday, October 2
|7:00-8:00 AM||Morning Yoga|
|9:30-10:30 AM||Walking Meditation|
|10:30-11:00 AM||Free time|
|11:30 AM-12:00 PM||Q&A|
|1:00 PM||Checkout and Departure|
Anna Winkler has been practicing and teaching yoga since 1989, when she certified with the Sivananda Yoga Organization, in both India and Canada. She served as a volunteer staff member there for 6 years, assisting in Yoga Teacher Training courses and modeling for 2 yoga books, among other things. Anna has been practicing Ashtanga Yoga since 1997 (with Eddie Stern and other authorized teachers), and teaching Ashtanga since 2002. She has been studying and practicing Iyengar Yoga at Studio Yoga in Madison, NJ since 2007, where she received her second 500-hour teaching certificate. Anna teaches an Alignment Based Hatha Yoga class.…
Learn more about Anna Winkler
Bob Blanton has over 40 years of experience in the martial arts, 25 of which have been dedicated to the study and practice of Tai Chi. For over 10 years Bob has devoted his time to a deeper study of the principals and forms of this Art. In addition to teaching private and group classes, he has participated in numerous demonstrations and competitions.
Learn more about Bob Blanton
Madalina Blanton is a Reiki Master Teacher, Family Constellation facilitator and spiritual artist with a practice based in Maplewood NJ. She has been certified as a Reiki Master Teacher and Spiritual Counselor after a 550 hours program at the Open Center in NY, taught by the late Margaret Ann Case. After a successful career as a designer of children’s books Madalina decided to dedicate her time to healing practices. Through her personal healing journey, she learned that lasting transformation happens when we bring awareness to all aspects of our being and fully engage our soul energy. She brings gentle care,…
Learn more about Madalina Blanton
Kati Walker, E-RYT, YACEP, CHTP, CSHP, was introduced to Yoga as a teenager and loved the physical aspects of the discipline. As her practice developed she appreciated the subtler qualities including the spiritual aspects and stress management. She completed her 200 hour certification in 2009 and continued her certifications with Yoga for Scoliosis, Principles of Restorative Yoga and Cancer Survivor Teacher Training. Kati expanded into Ayurveda, Healing Touch, Reiki and Sound Healing.
Learn more about Kati Walker