To maintain a respectful environment appropriate to practice, we ask that all guests abide by the following guidelines:
• Please dress modestly and remove your shoes as you enter Milarepa Hall, Birch House and Oak House.
• Please keep your things neat and tidy.
• Please remember that your fellow guests may be on deep retreat and modulate your voice accordingly.
• For a distraction-free stay, please consider refraining from all social media use, including news channels, while you are on retreat; you are learning to disconnect.
• Laptops may only be used in your room or the library.
• Alcohol, non-prescription drugs, cigarettes, meat and fish are not permitted.
• We unfortunately cannot accommodate pets; this includes emotional support animals.
• Please do not use any perfume or cologne. Use only unscented, fragrance-free personal hygiene products.
• We show our respect for the teachers by standing when the Rinpoches arrive and sitting only after they have been seated. We stand again as they prepare to leave.